There are several food bloggers that I follow religiously. In fact I have a hard time concentrating at work until I read their posts each morning (ssshh!). And a lot of them just crack me up. They’re clever and well-written. I get so upset when I can’t think of witty things to say in my posts! It doesn’t mean that I don’t love my recipe, believe me I do. I never post anything that I’m not completely proud of. Rather it’s writer’s block and the inability to come up with topics other than the weather. Really…how many times can I say that Chicago is cold? But today I’m not at a loss for words. Actually I have a secret to share with you. And it’s life changing.
The secret is this: Nutella Mug Cake. Write it in your diary and don’t ever forget! This moist and chocolatey cake took about 1.5 minutes to bake and about a minute total in prep time. And better yet, it’s one serving size! Perfect for YOU! So on those nights (every night) when you’re craving something sweet, no need to settle on a stale cookie, questionably old ice cream, or a handful of hard marshmallows. Whip up this individual dessert and dig in.
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug.
- Whisk well with a fork until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1½– 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave; mine took 1½ minutes.)
- Add heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on medium-high speed until almost stiff.
- Add sugar and beat until heavy cream forms stiff peaks.
- Top Mug Cakes with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce, if desired.
Mint Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
Biscoff Mug Cake
Red Velvet Mug Cake
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake