A couple weeks ago I posted a Strawberry Basil Mojito and it started me on a beverage kick. I wish I hadn’t waited until the end of summer to start thinking about creative, fruity and refreshing drinks, but being the procrastinator that I am, I did! Sweet drinks are tasty, and they’re a simple way to liven up a party. A random Friday night with friends and a deck of cards is fun for sure… but add in a sweet vodka drink and SNAP! The night instantly got better.
I especially love this drink because it combines 2 of my favorite flavors: lemon and strawberry with my favorite alcohol: vodka. Vodka mixes well with almost anything, but it mixes with lemon particularly well. This Strawberry Lemonade Vodka tastes awesome, a great balance of sweet and tart!
I made a pitcher of Strawberry Lemonade Vodka mere days after the mojito so I had leftover simple syrup. How convenient!! But even if I didn’t, this recipe couldn’t be any simpler. It will take you longer to wash your food processor than it will to prepare the drink start to finish.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 4-6 cups cold water
- 1 cup vodka, optional
- Make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until the sugar in completely dissolved; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a food processor or blender with ½ cup water.
- In a large pitcher, combine ice, strawberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice. If using the vodka, add it to the pitcher and stir to combine.
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your tastes, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve desired sweet/tart balance.
- Rim your glasses with sugar before pouring, then garnish with fresh strawberries or lemon slices.