To date, our most commented, shared and viewed post is Nutella Mug Cake. It’s our most popular by a landslide. I really don’t understand what the draw is. Don’t get me wrong, our Nutella Mug Cake recipe is easy, tastes great and the word Nutella reels me in too. But with over 500 other posts…why is it the reader favorite?
I don’t know the answer! We really care about what our readers are drawn to so we’ve decided to do a full week of mug cakes! All of the mug cakes coming this week are made in the microwave, single servings, and ready in under 3 minutes.
This one in particular was my favorite one. I love chocolate and I LOVE mint chocolate. Between Kara and me, we gobbled up this mug cake!!
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 mint chocolate squares, chopped (we used Ghiradelli)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 mint chocolate square, for garnish (we used Ghiradelli)
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1½–3 minutes. (time depends on microwave; ours took 1½ minutes.)
- Add heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on medium-high speed until almost stiff. Add sugar and beat until heavy cream forms stiff peaks.
- Top Mug Cake with whipped cream and another chocolate square, if desired.