I am off of work today. I am on summer vacation aka – maternity leave. Oh, you didn’t know I was pregnant? Then I guess you don’t follow us on Facebook. I look forward to sleeping in, laying by the pool, and baking cupcakes all summer. Why are you laughing? In all seriousness, I was due, oh about 4 days ago, so we should be welcoming a baby any time now. While we wait, I am just going to lay on the couch, read, and maybe make those cupcakes. Cliff has a fun nursery decorating post coming up soon. I like to call him Martha Stewart; he is so crafty! So, if we disappear sometime next week, now you will know why.
Well, today is the last day of our mug cake week. I hope that you all were making mug cakes for dessert every night. Sorry if we ruined your summer body diet! I really liked all the cakes we made this week. And who could possibly say no to a peanut butter and chocolate cake that can be made in 3 minutes. Does it get any better. Talk about instant gratification. Is there any better pairing than peanut butter and chocolate? If there is, I can’t think of it. I hope you had as much fun making/eating your mug cakes as we did!
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients for the cake right in the mug.
- Stir together well.
- Microwave for 1-3 minutes. We found it best to microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and then 30 second intervals until it was no longer gooey.
- Allow the cake to cool. While the cake is cooling make the whipped cream topping.
- Whip the heavy cream and sugar in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Spoon over cooled cake.
- We sprinkled the cake with a little cocoa powder for garnish as well.