Summertime means fun drinks if you ask me. When I saw this recipe in June’s issue of Food Network Magazine Kara and I both agreed it would be fun to try out. Even better, it’s ridiculously easy. So are you ready for a recipe that takes all of 30 seconds to prepare?
I thought so.
When choosing our ingredients, we tried to go the healthier route with fat free sorbet and a lower calorie wine. It took me probably 15 minutes to decide on what sorbet to go with and I finally opted for blood orange. Yum! The Skinnygirl California Red is 100 calories per serving and it’s mild, considering it’s red. I’m not a big fan of red wine and for that reason I generally stay away from Sangria. But with the citrus and fruity sorbet it was definitely easy to drink.
Sangria is perfect for a BBQ or girls night. Actually it’s perfect for just about anything. And a Sangria Float is a fun little spin on a classic.
- 4 scoops blood orange sorbet, or flavor of your choice
- 1 bottle red wine (we used Skinnygirl California Red)
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Cut the lemon and lime into small wedges.
- Place a few wedges into 2 tall drinking glasses.
- Place 2 generous scoops of sorbet into each glass and pour cold red wine on top.
- Serve immediately.