Happy 4th of July!
We’re finalllly going to have a beautiful sunny day here in Chicago! Grilling and pool day for sure! Yesterday I went to Ravinia with a group of friends and we pretty much got drenched. It eventually cleared up but by that time I was sitting in wet jeans and eating soggy Veggie Pizza. Dang weather!
We’ve got one final 4th of July recipe for you. And it’s another easy one. 🙂 Perfect for pool time refreshments and backyard BBQs! What are your plans for 4th of July?
- 1 handful strawberries
- 1 handful blackberries
- 1 handful pineapple, cored
- 1 bottle San Pellegrino, chilled
- 1 star cookie cutter (optional)
- Wash and dry the blackberries and strawberries. Cut the stems off the strawberries and quarter (halve if small) them. Set aside.
- Cut the pineapple into ½ inch thick circles then use a small star cookie cutter to form the pineapple into little stars.
- Pour a bottle of San Pellegrino into a pitcher. Add the strawberries, blackberries and 'starred' pineapple to the pitcher and use the handle end of a wooden spoon to stir. Serve cold.