Happy 4th of July!
We’re finalllly going to have a beautiful sunny day here in Chicago! Grilling and pool day for sure! Yesterday I went to Ravinia with a group of friends and we pretty much got drenched. It eventually cleared up but by that time I was sitting in wet jeans and eating soggy Veggie Pizza. Dang weather!
We’ve got one final 4th of July recipe for you. And it’s another easy one. Perfect for pool time refreshments and backyard BBQs! What are your plans for 4th of July?
- 1 handful strawberries
- 1 handful blackberries
- 1 handful pineapple, cored
- 1 bottle San Pellegrino, chilled
- 1 star cookie cutter (optional)
- Wash and dry the blackberries and strawberries. Cut the stems off the strawberries and quarter (halve if small) them. Set aside.
- Cut the pineapple into ½ inch thick circles then use a small star cookie cutter to form the pineapple into little stars.
- Pour a bottle of San Pellegrino into a pitcher. Add the strawberries, blackberries and 'starred' pineapple to the pitcher and use the handle end of a wooden spoon to stir. Serve cold.