Every week Kelly and I rack our brains trying to think of new and exciting things to make. What is that saying? Keep it simple stupid? Why not just post about the everyday things that we eat. Baked cauliflower is not that exciting. It is not bright or colorful or trendy. It doesn’t contain nutella or biscoff or salted caramel. Its probably not going to make you think, I need that cauliflower right now. But it should. It is some seriously delicious cauliflower.
Growing up, my Grandma would always make us this cauliflower. We could never make it as good at our house. Her was always better. I think thats cause we skipped the oven and popped it into the microwave. Not exactly the same. You really do need to put this in the oven to get it all nice and crispy. It may take a little longer but its is well worth it. Every time I make this cauliflower I wonder why I ever make any other vegetable. Cliff and I seriously devour it. We fight over those last bites. I would even say it might be my current favorite vegetable. It tastes almost fried but it is actually baked. I brought this cauliflower to the pool for a BBQ party and a bunch of people asked for the recipe. Other people bring a bag of chips and some store bought salsa and I show up with a casserole dish full of cauliflower. I’m different like that. If you like cauliflower, or even if you don’t, you have to try it my Grandma’s way.
- 2 pounds fresh cauliflower
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- Place in a baking dish with oil, bread crumbs, and cheese.
- Give it a good stir and make sure all of the cauliflower gets coated.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.