As you may remember, we purchased Matcha Powder for the first time a few months ago. There’s a huge Japanese Market right near us so luckily ingredients like this are readily available. So far we’ve made Green Tea Cheesecake Swirl Brownies and a Green Tea Citrus Smoothie. Third time must be a charm because this recipe is definitely my favorite matcha recipe so far.
There is a Japanese Steakhouse near my parents’ house that we’ve been going to for as long as I’ve been able to eat. And my parents went even before that! We think this place is Ah-Mazing and you get so much food…soup, salad, veggies, shrimp appetizer, fried rice and of course the main entrée which is made right in front of you. Love It! Chances are you can’t finish everything but even so ice cream for dessert is included with the meal. Despite always being disgustingly full, I power through and still order the Green Tea Ice cream. I can’t resist.
Plus it’s healthy, right? Don’t answer that.
Green Tea Ice Cream is soooo delicious. Especially ours!! If you’ve never had it before or you’ve never tried homemade then you must try it out. It is really creamy and just the right amount of sweet.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ (3.4-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk (we used lowfat)
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- If you’re using a Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment make sure the bowl has been in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, pudding mix, heavy cream, milk and matcha powder. Pour into freezer bowl and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. We used our Kitchen Aid attachment and it mixed for about 15-20 minutes, until thickened.
- Transfer the ice cream to a large container with a tight fitting lid and let freeze at least 1 hour before serving.