I am really excited to present this post to you today. We were selected by the people at Galbani to create our twist on the classic Caprese. A number of bloggers were selected and you can vote for your favorite recipe. They sent us some of their Mozzarella Fresca™, some other goodies, and some coupons and we came up with this recipe for Roasted Tomato Caprese Napoleans.
But that is not all…
You, our beloved readers, are able to vote for your favorite recipe, and in turn you will be entered to win an array of prizes from Galbani! Between June 28th and August 9th you can go to GalbaniCheese.com/Caprese to vote and become eligible for prizes.
The more you vote the more chances you will have to win!
Prizes include: tomato slicers, salad spinners, dressing shakers, cookbooks, food scales, cutting boards, and cold hard cash! The prizes will change twice a week and 10 people will win per week. Hopefully, you are one of the winners! I have long been a lover of mozzarella cheese. Who isn’t? And Galbani makes some tasty cheese! They were nice enough to send us a variety of mozzarella cheeses to sample and they were all excellent. There were medallions and mozzarella balls, some marinated, some not. We were in mozzarella heaven! You can go to Galbanicheese.com to see the different cheeses they produce and where you can buy them. Galbani Mozzarella Fresca was listed in SaveurMagazine as one of their favorite mozzarella cheeses. One of our favorite dishes to eat during the summer is Caprese salad. Who could resist the garden fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella? It is a perfect accompaniment to any summer meal. When we were first given this challenge we began racking our brains for a great twist on classic Caprese. We still wanted the star ingredients–mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil–to shine but we wanted to do something different than just stacked tomatoes and mozzarella. We changed it up a little by turning it into a Napoleon and throwing bacon in there for good measure. Let me just say, yum! Our family dinners are never complete without some form of tomatoes and mozzarella. I am sure that this version will be making an appearance over and over again this summer. Go check out the other blogger’s fun spins on the classic Italian dish Caprese, and vote for a chance to win some great prizes!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 slices of bacon
- 8 ounces Galbani® Mozzarella Fresca™
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar and
- 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the tomatoes, balsamic, sugar, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Coat the tomatoes well.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. The tomatoes should be bursting.
- Open the sheet of puff pastry and cut into 9 squares.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon and chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Combine the oil, basil, cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Process until combined. Do not puree but leave it a little chunky.
- Once the puff pastry is golden brown remove from the oven.
- Slice each puff in half so it is like a sandwich.
- Slice 9 pieces of Galbani Mozzarella Fresca.
- Add 1 slice of the fresh mozzarella and a spoonful of basil to the bottom half of each puff pastry.
- Combine the tomatoes and bacon and spoon on top of the fresh mozzarella.
- Top with the other half of the puff pastry.
- Serve immediately.
- A Live Love Pasta Original
- This post is sponsored by Galbani and I was compensated for my time.