We’ve done lots of granola bars/balls/bites here on LLP. Every time we try a new granola recipe I think I’ve found my new favorite. But in reality, they’re all my favorites.
Every weekend we get together to blog. This usually consists of baking and cooking. However, other than weekends with Kara and Cliff I do not do a ton of cooking. Baking….yes…all.the.flipping.time. But personally I find it kind of depressing to cook for just myself so I often stick to days that I’m hosting a dinner or party or going to somebody else’s dinner or party. I want a family to cook for…Poor me!! JK. That was obnoxious.
But with that being said, I rarely have leftovers to pack for lunches either. Usually I pack fruit for lunch and starve to death. Or I bring a salad and try to convince myself that it’s filling. But SOMETIMES I make these Cranberry Pistachio Energy Bites and, like magic, the world is all good. I throw 5 in a Ziploc bag, eat 1 for breakfast on my drive, 1 for a snack around 10 and the other 3 for lunch and I am completely happy. I get the oats which are filling, plus the sweetness of the honey, dates and cranberries and finally the crunch from the nuts. And don’t forget the white chocolate. A well balanced meal in my book!
These are a perfect lunch alongside some fruit.
OR if you’re a normal person…these are an awesome and healthy breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup (packed) pitted dates
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine dates, honey, wheat germ and salt in a food processor; pulse until smooth and stirrable.You can add another tablespoon or so of honey if the mixture is too thick.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, pistachios, dried cranberries, and white chocolate chips. Add the date mixture and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the mixture is chilled, use a spoon to form into balls. They can be whatever size you prefer, we went with about a heaping tablespoon each.
- Store energy balls in a sealed Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- If you prefer, you can press the mixture evenly into a parchment lined baking dish (approx 8x8), refrigerate, then cut into Cranberry Pistachio Energy Granola Bars.