I’ve not had a good day. For starters, I was at work instead of at home with my sweet Winnie. Then, some jerk remodeled their bathroom and left their garbage on our property at work. I now have to find a way to dispose of that. Who does that? Does anyone need a tub? Maybe a sink? Then, towards the end of the work day someone pulled the emergency shower pull while I was standing under it. So, I got a nasty, dirty water shower while at work. See what I mean? Not a good day.
Thankfully, I came home to this delicious froyo. And my sweet Winnie, of course. Who, to be honest, isn’t all that sweet at 5:30pm. But I love her anyway. Back to the yogurt. As you might expect, this froyo is quite tangy due to the Greek yogurt. But the sugar gives it the sweetness it needs. The chocolate chunks provide a nice crunch and the peanut butter? Well, peanut butter never hurts, right? Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter together. After having Winnie my work pants are a little tighter than I’d like, so it is low fat frozen yogurt for me instead of ice cream. But with froyo this good, I don’t even hardly miss the ice cream.
- 3 cups fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup Valrhona cocoa powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- Combine the yogurt, cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla into a glass bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to ice cream maker and churn according to the directions on your ice cream maker.
- We used our kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment and it only took about 10 minutes.
- Add chocolate chunks and churn an additional 2-3 minutes or until evenly mixed.
- Transfer to freezer safe container.
- Add the peanut butter to the frozen yogurt and swirl.
- Freeze until ready to eat.