I think we need to change the name of our blog to live love pasta and pizza. Or better yet, live love pasta, pizza, cupcakes, and dip. Too long?
We love us some pizza and take every opportunity to turn other foods into pizza. Such as pizza burgers, garlic bread, enchiladas, cookies, s’mores, dip. Wow, even I am surprised at how many things we have turned into pizza. You just can’t go wrong with throwing cheese, pepperoni, and pizza sauce together. Any ideas of what else we can turn into pizza? Maybe a drink? I’ve gone too far now, haven’t I?
Ok, so maybe a pizza drink won’t work. (Would it? I’m giving this some real thought now) However, pizza potatoes definitely do work. I always thought that potato skins would be difficult to make. They really aren’t though. You can top these anyway you’d like. Next time I’m covering mine in pepperoni and mushrooms. And cheese, obviously.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8-16 thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes.
- Coat the potatoes in 1 tablespoon oil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Remove the center part of the potato, leaving a ring of potato around the edge to hold in the filling.
- Coat the potatoes in the remaining oil and place back on the baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle with cheese, peppers, onions, and pepperoni.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with heated pizza sauce for dipping.