I have a secret to tell you… The day LLP made this delicious Lemon Delicious I was off gallivanting around Michigan, visiting winery after winery with my friends. One of the best days ever…and an awesome way to celebrate Jen’s birthday! Plus a Saturday away from the kitchen can be a really nice break.
At some point during the day, I received a text from Kara saying “one of the best desserts I’ve ever made.” If you know how many desserts we make you understand how big of a statement that is. Especially when it doesn’t involve chocolate!
So naturally the first thing I did when I got home was taste test the Lemon Delicious for myself. It was lemon-y (obvi) and custard-y and creamy and definitely delicious. I think I agree with Kara that it’s one of the best desserts she’s ever made.
Keep this one in mind for Valentine’s Day, it looks fancy but it’s easy to make! <3
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease six shallow ramekins that each hold about 1 cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, flour, milk and egg yolks. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Using a spoon, fold ¼ of the egg whites into the lemon mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Spoon into prepared ramekins. Place ramekins in a larger baking dish. Pour boiling water into baking dish until halfway up sides of smaller dishes. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until golden and just set.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.