As I have said many times it is my mission in life to spread the love for brussel sprouts. We eat brussel sprouts all of the time and I am always looking for a new way to make them. We’ve done roasted, mac and cheese, dip, salad and I am sure many more versions. This is my new favorite version.
This is a perfect lunch for me. I can prep all of the ingredients on Sunday night and then just assemble it in the morning. Only takes 2 minutes. I can add anything to it I feel like. It is a great clean out the fridge salad. Other ingredients you could add: cucumbers, peppers, and peas. Seriously, anything you are trying to use up could be thrown into here. It is a great way to eat lots of veggies. I used leftover rotisserie chicken but I think that leftover steak or shrimp would be amazing. It is both filling and full of flavor. It won’t leave you hungry again a couple of hours later.
Brussel Sprout lover for life!
- 1 lb shaved brussel sprouts
- 4 tablespoons pad thai sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shrdded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- lime wedge
- garlic chili sauce
- Cut the stem from the brussel sprouts.
- Place the brussel sprout cut side down and thinly slice the brussel sprouts.
- Place in a bowl and fluff the shreds.
- Coat with the pad thai sauce.
- Top with shredded carrots, cabbage, green onions, peanuts, chicken, lime wedge, and chili sauce.