Have you recovered from your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations or are you still in a corned beef coma like me? Between the corned beef, potatoes, carrots, green beans, and pie I am still full from last nights dinner. But I’ll happily do it all over again for lunch and dinner until all those yummy leftovers are gone. It is a tough job but someone has to do it. Might as well be me, I say.
Kelly and I made this popcorn last weekend and I could not believe how good it was. I know lots of people mix candy in their popcorn at the movies. Instead we mixed in dried fruit, candied ginger, and nuts. A little healthier and just as tasty. You could easily sub in your favorite dried fruit and nuts also. We packed the leftovers into individual snack bags to eat throughout the week as well. Its a great snack and the fruit, ginger, and nuts pack a lot of flavor.
- 6 cups popcorn (popped)
- 1/4 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Sprinkle of salt
- Pop your popcorn any way you desire; see note below.
- Combine chopped pineapple, candied ginger, macadamia nuts and popcorn.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- We cooked our popcorn with coconut oil in our whirley pop but you could do in on the stove top or using and air popper. However you usually make popcorn would be fine. I'd avoid using microwave popcorn because-yuck!