TGIF! Despite a short 4-day work week, I am still counting down the minutes until a relaxing weekend by the time Friday rolls around. Is anybody else with me? Do you have anything fun planned? I signed up for a 5k and I keep telling myself I am going to start training for it, but I haven’t started yet. Wah Wah. I now have less than 2 weeks so I need to get serious…like yesterday.
On to the food.
We’ve posted several beet recipes in the past because…well…I am beet OBSESSED! To be honest all the beet recipes are my favorites! But this Beet Salad is particularly good in my eyes because it includes the crunch of pistachios and the creaminess of goat cheese. Different textures are key in a salad you guys.
Also, I’ve had golden beets at restaurants in the past but have been unsuccessful finding them at any local grocery stores. Do you ever see them? Are golden beets seasonal? I think that a mix between golden beets and red beets would be totally beautiful. But of course all red works too! Either way it’s a salad that shouldn’t be missed.
- 4 beets, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch salt
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Add beets and parsley to a large bowl and drizzle dressing on top.
- Toss together and top with pistachios and goat cheese crumbles.