Sorry for the long break. We took a vacation, and it was wonderful. The whole family headed to Cancun for a week of fun in the sun. Winnie enjoyed pina coladas and Miami vices all week long. Virgin of course. She even had her first taste of ice cream. Hopefully, we can post some pictures soon. Between traveling to California, Cancun, and planning for Winnie’s first birthday next weekend we have not had a lot of blog time. Hopefully we can get back on track soon though. Maybe we will even have some cute first birthday photos to show you. We have been baking and crafting for weeks!
Luckily we have a really great and easy recipe for you today. We used our waffle iron to make cheesy hash brown waffles which we topped with BBQ pulled pork and a chive yogurt sauce. Unfortunately some of our photos got lost. We just cannot pull it together this week! But I will share what we do have! This is a great recipe to make for a brunch or breakfast for dinner. Every once in a while I make a big batch of BBQ pulled pork and freeze it into individual dinners. I love how versatile pulled pork is. You can do sandwiches, tacos, taquitos and a million other things. This time we used the leftover pulled pork to top cheesy hash browns. And you really cant go wrong with cheesy hash browns!
- 1 bag of hash browns- we used the refrigerated kind
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of BBQ pulled pork
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Squeeze all of the water out of the hash browns.
- Heat the waffle iron on medium high heat.
- Combine the hash browns, shredded cheese, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Brush the waffle iron with oil.
- Cook the hash browns about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat the pulled pork on the stove top until warm.
- Combine the yogurt and chives.
- Cut the waffles into quarters and top with a spoonful of pulled pork and then yogurt.
- Serve immediately.
- We got 4 waffles out of the bag of hash browns but it depends on the size of your waffle iron.