Did you enjoy your Memorial Day weekend? I hope so! Chicago had fabulous weather (FINALLYYYY) and I tried to make the most of the long weekend. I saw The Other Women with friends and cracked up way more than I thought I would. I got a mega cup of froyo and doused it with almonds, chocolate chips and major sprinkles. I got mani pedis with friends followed by drinks at not one but TWO bars. #barhopper. I went to a BBQ and had a Memorial Day necessity, hot dog on the grill. And most importantly I celebrated Winnie’s first birthday party!
In between all this fun stuff, we also had a successful blogging day. First up on our list were these Hot Dogs with Banh Mi Slaw. Okay, so I guess I ate 2 hot dogs this weekend. I had to taste test our creation though so don’t judge!
The most recent Food Network Magazine had so many good recipes! This one included. There are so many more that I can’t wait to try. This particular recipe took less than 10 minutes of prep time and it was a totally fun and creative spin on the traditional hot dog. And even better…the only cooking is on the grill so it’s great for keeping your kitchen cool in the summer!
- 6 vienna beef hot dogs, grilled
- 6 poppyseed buns
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup radishes, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 jalapeno,thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, sugar and water. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together radish and carrot.
- Add cooled vinegar mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno and cilantro last.
- Top grilled hotdogs with banh mi slaw.