White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies have always been one of my absolute favorites but for unknown reasons I never bake them myself. Crazy I tell you. I guarantee it’s the cookie(s) I’d choose if I was picking out a cookie at a bakery though. I love to bake and yet I had never baked a favorite!?! Maybe I’m subconsciously afraid mine won’t be as good? Can anybody else relate?
Well, we finally decided to try white chocolate macadamia cookies at home and added dried pineapple too. We LOVE LOVE the tropical element this added, but of course you can skip the pineapple if you want to make a big mistake. 😉
The cookies were ah-mazing! It’s dangerous that I now know I can bake delicious white chocolate macadamia cookies at home! Who needs a bakery? #gainingtenpounds
Kara brought these Pineapple White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies to a friends house and they were well received. Luckily, I stole a handful and brought them home in a ziploc bag. They didn’t even last a day.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry mixture and beat just until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips, pineapple and macadamia nuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner and use a cookie scoop to form rounds of dough. Do not press down.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Let sit on baking sheet for a minute or 2 before transferring to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Yield: 3 dozen