I am so excited to start hitting up the local farmer’s markets. Fresh berries, green beans, cucumbers, and corn. I cannot wait. This year I planted tomatoes, jalapenos, banana peppers, basil, and pickles. Hopefully, we get lots and lots of pickles. I plan to actually pickle some, but mostly I plan to eat them right off the vine. Best part of summer. I could eat strawberries for every meal. Winnie also loves strawberries and blueberries. I wish that I could get her to eat broccoli as easily as she eats blueberries. The girl is going through a picky stage. She will only eat blueberries, strawberries, bananas, grapes, almond butter, and cheese. She even refused the mushroom ravioli I gave her tonight. I hope someday she likes vegetables as much as we do.
One other thing she will eat is toast. This morning I put avocado on her toast and she wanted nothing to do with it. But give her French toast with maple syrup and she will gobble it right up. She is a smart girl; avocados are gross. Healthy, but I hate them! Winnie loved this French toast we made though. She kept saying mo’, mo’, mo. In Winnie speak, that is a very good thing. I am more of a pancake girl myself but Cliff, Kelly, and Winnie all enjoyed this toast. You really can’t go wrong with cinnamon raisin bread and fresh berries!
- 2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium low heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Cook the toast about 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Cut the toast into 6 pieces.
- Skewer the toast and fruit.
- Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar.