If you haven’t noticed, I love Coconut La Croix. It is the ultimate summer drink, although I definitely drink it year round. Just last week we posted this Cantaloupe Drink, using Coconut La Croix of course, and now we are switching melons. Watermelon!
Fruity drinks are one of my favorite things about summer. They are refreshing and sweet and so easy to make! Generally when I think of fruity drinks, I tend to think of berries or citrus. But watermelon is a great option too! AND quintessential summer. For sure. This Watermelon Cooler was ready to drink in less than 10 minutes and we all loved it!
- 6-8 cups watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1-2 cans sparkling water (we used coconut La Croix)
- ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, heat water and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Let cool.
- While the simple syrup cools, use a food processor or immersion blender to blend watermelon until smooth. Pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove pulp.
- Add simple syrup and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Pour in the coconut sparkling water.
- Pour into a pitcher and serve over ice.