I mentioned last week that we recently celebrated our annual family reunion and Kara and I decided to make this Mediterranean Lentil Salad. It was healthy and delicious, and it went over really well. But of course we didn’t want to be too healthy so we also made a bacon appetizer. Specifically lil’ smokies and bacon wrapped dates! I don’t regret that decision one bit.
In the past I never went too crazy for bacon. To this day I could take it or leave it next to my pancakes and scrambled eggs. But wrap it around just about anything and bake it until caramelized? Yes please! Since the family reunion I have had bacon on my brain! It’s bad you guys. So, over the weekend I gave into my cravings. We tried bacon wrapped pineapple. The pineapple and bacon are a sweet and savory combination. And then the glaze on top is sweet and spicy…it’s all just heaven! You have to try it!
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 handful cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bacon in half. Wrap each pineapple chunk in a piece of bacon. Place seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, honey, lime juice, sriracha, and soy sauce. Liberally brush glaze on top of each piece of bacon. Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bacon is crispy. Serve immediately.