I think I mentioned about a week ago that I was headed to Wilmington, NC for a business trip. Well, I went and am already back home. Wah Wah. I fell in love with Wilmington though and I can’t wait to return for fun.
In between meetings, I made time for as much eating and drinking as possible. Afterall, that’s my favorite thing about visiting a new city. In addition to trying new foods (i.e. escargot) and re-trying foods I previously had an aversion to (i.e. olives and mushrooms) I also tried a new cocktail. I.am.obsessed.
I was at this place called Bar Local and I ordered a beer that I can’t even remember right now. After a few sips I remembered that beer is not my thing. A girl a few bar stools down was drinking some kind of champagne and I told the bartender that I wanted that. It was champagne with a splash of cranberry and infused with a vanilla bean.
Oh Em Gee.
I gulped it down and made it at home the first chance I got.
- 1 bottle champagne (we used Extra Dry)
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 vanilla bean
- Cut the vanilla bean lengthwise, then cut it in approximately 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Fill champagne glasses 3/4 full with champagne.
- Drop the vanilla bean in the glasses then add a splash of cranberry juice.
- Top off with a little more champagne.