For reasons unknown to me I have not made baked brie or baked camembert in years. It is such an easy appetizer that you can change up in a million different ways. and it is always a hit with any crowd. Who can resist warm, melty, gooey cheese on a cracker? I saw this recipe in my last issue of Food Network Magazine and I’ve made it the past 2 Sundays.
We threw cranberries and pecans on the cheese because- fall. But you could do apricots, chutney, fruit preserves, cinnamon apples, or you could wrap the whole thing up in puff pastry. I really can’t believe i’ve gone so long without making this. So glad I saw this recipe and remembered how delicious baked brie/camembert is. One thing I know for sure is that this will definitely be making to my thanksgiving table and probably a few more times before that, too!
- 8 ounce round of camembert cheese
- 2 tablespoons craisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cheese in an oven safe baking dish.
- Combine the craisins, pecans, brown sugar, and salt and mix.
- Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crackers.