My favorite grocery store, Mariano’s, has this section of specialty sodas in cute glass bottles. You can make your own 4-pack for like…$3.50. It’s awesome, I love it! Some of the sodas are old fashioned classics like Coca Cola and Dad’s Root Beer while others are new and trendy.
It’s this wall of sodas that made me fall in love with cream soda. Gosh that stuff is good! When I saw this recipe for a homemade Creamy Vanilla Coke I knew we had to try it right away. Because obviously I need homemade soda recipes in my life…as if I don’t consume enough sugar. 😉
Sure enough, Creamy Vanilla Coke requires only 3 ingredients and a maximum of 5 minutes to make and the end result is a fabulously delicious creamy soda.
- 12 ounces Coke
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- ½ tablespoon vanilla syrup
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in the Coke, making sure there is an inch of free space at the top of the glass.
- Add the half and half and vanilla syrup.
- Stir and serve immediately.