If you are like me then you have quite a few holiday parties coming up in the next few months. And of course you have to bring a dish to share to each party. And since everyone knows I have a food blog and love to cook it has to be something good. There is no way I can show up with a bag of chips and a jar of salsa. Food blogger problems, I guess. People expect me to always bring something homemade. Which is what I prefer anyway. Even though it takes some extra time. I try to make 1 big batch of something and bring smaller servings to each party. Last year I had 2 parties plus a work pot luck all in the span of 4-5 days. I ended up making 8 of these pies to bring to those parties. That is a lot of pies! But it was worth it because those pies are amazing!
This chex mix makes A TON! You could easily divide it into 3 bags to take to parties. I love chex mix so this is a no-brainer for me. Others however, might be a little judgemental. Like, isn’t chex mix that stuff you buy in a bag in the chip aisle? But this is so much better. It has a great little kick to it. Not too spicy; jest perfect. Winnie loves this stuff too. I could not keep her hands out of it. Literally, see photo below. I made her a little pizza for lunch but all she wanted was chex mix. She threw a tantrum until I gave in and fed her chex mix for lunch. I swear there are day she lives on goldfish crackers and clementines. Luckily, there are other days when she says, more, more, more to broccoli.
- 1 14 ounce box of wheat Chex
- 1 12 ounce box of Crispix
- 2 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the cereal and the nuts into a roasting pan.
- Combine the melted butter, worcestershire, and spices.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and toss well to coat.
- Bake for 1 hour; stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an air tight freezer bag.