Winnie has some weird eating habits. At least I think so. You hear of kids only eating chicken fingers and hot dogs but not Winnie. The girl loves pickles, black beans, and coconut oil. Every night I grease her up with coconut oil and she dips her fingers in the jar and goes to town. At first I was all, no, no, no!! But then I thought, is it really so bad? Is this a battle I want to fight? I’m pretty sure there is more nutritional value in coconut oil than there is in a hot dog, so i’m going with it.
When Kelly suggested making coconut butter, I thought great! I knew Winnie would love it and she does. I usually make her toast every morning and I alternate between peanut butter, cashew butter, and almond butter. Now I throw coconut butter in there too and she loves it! This was a really simple recipe to make. All you need is a food processor and a little bit of patience. I like to store mine at room temperature so that it is easy to spread.
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add the coconut to the food processor.
- Process for 8-10 minutes of until smooth.
- Add the honey.
- Scrape down the sides every few minutes.
- Transfer the coconut butter into a jar.
- You can store it in the refrigerator or at room temp.
- Note: Honey is optional