This is the perfect appetizer to bring to any holiday party. It checks all the boxes for me. Easy to prepare, no need to reheat, and most importantly, really tasty. I just cannot have enough go-to appetizer recipes to make around the holidays. It seems there is always a party or potluck to bring something to. Appetizers are usually my favorite part of any party. I love all the finger food and getting to sample so many different things. I could care less about dinner for me its about the dips, spreads, and finger foods.
My Mom and I both really loved this cheese spread. Kelly couldn’t get past the half teaspoon of mustard and Cliff hates when we add sugar to anything he thinks should be savory. But that is fine, because more for me. I snacked on this all week. Once refrigerated the brown sugar got a little crystalized but it still tasted just as good. This will definitely be added to my list of easy go-to party foods.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Combine the cream cheese, grated onion, and minced garlic.
- Mix well and form into a ball.
- In a small sauce pan over medium low heat combine the brown sugar, butter, worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
- Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pecans.
- Pour the sauce over the cheese ball.
- Serve with crackers.