Here’s what you’ll need
Start by shredding some cheese. We use sharp cheddar
Use 2 forks to shred the chicken
Begin the assembly process: spread some refried beans on a shell
Mix some taco sauce into the shredded chicken…several tablespoons should be good
Now layer the chicken atop the beans
Add a healthy portion of cheese and pop it in the oven. You just want to warm it up and melt the cheese
Garnish however you like and dig in!
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 tostada shells
- 5 tbsp or so taco sauce (we use Ortega brand)
- 8 oz sharp cheddar
- sour cream
- lettuce (we used baby spinach)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet withaluminum foil. Use leftover chicken or a store bought rotisserie chicken for aquick weeknight meal. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken breast and set aside.Shred the cheese next and set that aside also.
- Add the chicken to a small bowl and pour in the tacosauce, about 4 or 5 tablespoons. Mix it all together so that the chicken isevenly coated.
- Take a tostada shell and spread a scoop of refried beanson one side, taking care to not crack the shell. Place some chicken over therefried beans and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake just until the cheese melts and the Tostada is warm.
- Top with any toppings you like: lettuce, sour cream,salsa, guacamole, olives, corn,etc.