While we were in Rome we tried many different kinds of bruschetta, to be honest at almost every meal! One of our favorites was a mushroom bruschetta. When I made it at home I added goat cheese and I think this made it even better. If you don’t like goat cheese you can substitute cream cheese, or eat it plain.
Goat Cheese and Mushroom Bruschetta
- 1 loaf Italian bread (sliced ¼ inch thick)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz container of baby bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 oz herbed goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush 1 side of bread with oil, place oil side up on baking sheet. Bake 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip the bread over and brush the opposite side with olive oil.
- While the bread is baking, sauté mushrooms and garlic with a splash of olive oil.
- Once the bread is golden brown remove from oven and rub each slice with the halved garlic. The garlic will melt into the bread. Spread goat cheese onto each piece of bread, top with sautéed mushrooms.