These cucumber sandwiches are one of my favorite appetizers to bring to parties. Sometimes simple is…simply the best. They’re easy to make (from start to finish these are done in 15 minutes tops) and totally addicting.
I know there are lots of variations of the cucumber sandwich recipe. Some people use rye bread, or french bread. Others choose different seasonings. I honestly have no idea where this recipe came from but I started making them several years ago and immediately decided that soft, fresh pita bread was the way to go.
Because there are so few ingredients, it’s important they’re fresh. You want soft pita and in-season, tasty cucumbers. Let’s get started.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Add packet to 8 oz softened cream cheese. Usually I don’t buy the zesty, but I guess it’s what I had on hand.
- Mix this all together.
- Quarter your pitas. A pizza cutter is perfect for this.
- Thinly slice the cucumber.
- Spread the cream cheese on the pita. I don’t enjoy this up-close hand shot.
Top with 2 cucumber slices and a light sprinkle of lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 package soft pita bread (mine came with 5 pitas)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced (I use English cucumbers)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet (0.7 ounce) dry Italian Salad Dressing mix
- lemon pepper seasoning
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese and dry Italian Salad Dressing mix. Cut each pita into 4 triangles. Evenly spread your cream cheese onto the pita. Top with 2 cucumbers, or so, and lightly season with lemon pepper. Best when served immediately.