Nutella. It’s something I always have on hand because I feel strongly that it’s perfection in a jar. Nutella shmeared on toast, Nutella baked into treats, Nutella drizzled over cheesecake, or my personal favorite Nutella straight up–directly from spoon to mouth.
I go on these intense Nutella binges more often than I’d like to admit. There’s something about this hazelnut chocolate spread, I can’t get enough of it! During these binges I spend loads of time bookmarking recipe after recipe.
This is one of those times and here is one of those recipes. It takes only minutes to prepare and it definitely satisfies my cravings! I used frozen puff pastry because it’s so convenient and the end result was flaky, warm, sweet chocolately heaven.
Note: we made smaller turnovers then the recipe states because it seems we like everything mini. Therefore our pics show less Nutella and less marshmallow. No matter how you do it, they’ll be perfect!
How to Make Nutella Marshmallow Turnovers
- Lay out your puff pastry squares.
- Drop a spoonful of Nutella onto the center of the square (Not the corner like us!)
- Top with a marshmallow.
- Fold them over and close with a pastry cutter or crimp with a fork. Close them tighter than us.
- Cover with egg white wash.
- And sprinkle with sugar.
It’s oozing out!
We topped with warmed Nutella mixed with a drop of cream…then sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar
Nutella Marshmallow Turnovers
- 1 package puff pastry, 2 pastry sheets thawed
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (we used regular and cut them in half)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
For the Egg white wash
- 1 egg white whisked with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each puff pastry square into 4 equal pieces.
- Spread a couple tablespoons of Nutella onto the center of each pastry leaving a ½ inch border around edges.
- Top with about 12-15 mini marshmallows and fold over to form a little triangle.
- Crimp edges firmly with a pastry cutter or with the tines of a fork.
- Brush with egg white wash then sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until pastry just turns golden.
- Remove and let cool for 5 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.