Today is the last day of dip week. Boo! In my opinion dip is the best part of football season. To me baseball screams Vienna beef hot dogs and football season screams dip! (basketball = yawn) Football has been over for months now so we needed an excuse to make some dips! On Monday we made pizza dip. Excellent. Tuesday it was fruit salsa. My personal favorite. Wednesday it was queso blanco. Another good one. Thursday was rueben dip. Not a favorite of mine but Cliff and Macee really enjoyed it.
Today’s dip is Trio of dips: cookie dough edition. You start by making a base and then dividing it up and adding different ingredients to make 3 different cookie dough dips. We made snicker doodle, double chocolate, and peanut butter and chocolate. They were all good, but my absolute favorite was double chocolate. Other possible variations I thought of were adding heath bar chips, white chocolate and macadamia nuts, oats and raisins and mini M&M’s.
Here is what you’ll need
Melt the butter
Add the brown sugar
And some vanilla
Mix the cream cheese and the powdered sugar
Mix with a hand mixer
Add the butter/sugar mixture to the cream cheese/sugar mixture
Divide into three smaller bowls
To one bowl add cocoa powder and chocolate chips
To one bowl add cinnamon
To the last bowl add peanut butter and chocolate chips
Enjoy with animal crackers, teddy grahams or your favorite dipper
Cookie Dough Dip Trio
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and whisk until it is dissolved and the mixture starts to bubble. Set aside to cool and whisk in the vanilla. Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar for 1 minute. Mix on low speed, add in brown sugar/butter mixture. Mix until combined. Divide the mixture into 3 small bowls.
- In 1 bowl add the cinnamon. Mix.
- In 1 bowl add ¼ cup of chocolate chips and ¼ cup of cocoa powder. Mix.
- In 1 bowl add ¼ cup of peanut butter and ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Mix.
- We served this with teddy grahams and animal crackers but you could be slightly healthier and serve with apples.