Today is Monday. Dreaded Monday. It’s the start of the work week, which means five full days of work ahead. Yuck. But today isn’t just any ‘ol Monday. It’s also day one of Dip Week. And I think that’s something to celebrate. I love dips and we have some of our favorite dip recipes coming up this week.
We first made this one several weeks ago. I had just gotten my wisdom teeth pulled that morning, so while I felt okay enough to cook and bake I did not feel okay enough to eat crusty bread with dip! But I do know that this was a hit! The original recipe called for onions, peppers and olives but we passed on all of them. You can definitely alter this recipe to suit your own tastes.
Here’s what you’ll need. We forgot to picture salt & pepper for the bread.
Start by cutting some bread, you’ll need this for dipping
We brushed ours with olive oil and crisped them up in the oven
Oh yeah..we also seasoned them with salt and pepper
To the cream cheese add dried oregano, basil, parsley and garlic powder; mix.
Spead it out evenly in your baking dish.
Sprinkle with mozzarella
And parm too
Now for the sauce
More cheese. The more cheese the better!
Ok this is the last time I talk about cheese. Today.
Add your sliced pepperoni
Looking warm and bubbly
Spread on bread and dig in!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper (we omitted)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (we omitted)
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives, sliced (we omitted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, dried oregano, parsley and basil. Spread cream cheese mixture into a 9-inch baking dish, and sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of Parmesan on the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the pizza sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the pizza sauce.
- If you’re using bell pepper, onion, pepperoni and black olives sprinkle them on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.