So, I posted a healthy recipe yesterday and it is against everything I believe in to post 2 healthy recipes in a row. That would just be wrong. And Healthy. Yuck. Boring. No thanks. Pass the Nutella, please. I’ll need a whole jar of Nutella for this recipe. And 2 sticks of butter. That should make up for the healthy recipe I posted yesterday, right?
We made this Nutella pound cake a couple weeks ago. It is fantastic. You should make it. I already told you it has a whole jar of Nutella, what more do you need to know? Nutella = ahhhhmazing. Every time we post a Nutella recipe we get a comment from someone saying they have never had Nutella. It shocks me every single time. Never had Nutella? I cannot even begin to imagine a life without it. If you still haven’t tried Nutella, please, please try it. Even if you just eat it straight out of the jar. Believe me you will love it. And then you will want to make this pound cake. Then you will eat the whole thing. Then you will feel guilty. Then you will promise yourself, the diet starts tomorrow. Again.
By the way has anyone tried this? I saw it in Italy last year, and I regret not trying it. Should I try it on my next trip?
Here is what you’ll need
Combine the eggs and vanilla
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt
Cream the butter and sugar
Add the eggs
Add the flour in three batches
Spread 1/3 of the batter and top with 1/2 of the nutella
Repeat above step
Top with remaining batter and swirl with a butter knife
Resist all temptations and let it cool before devouring
Pound cake is a breakfast food, right?
Nutella Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 cup flour, plus more for dusting
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 13 oz jar Nutella
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour. Beat the eggs with the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- With the mixer at medium-low speed, beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds.
- Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, spread half of the Nutella on top.
- Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella.
- Top with the remaining batter.
- Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter using a butter knife.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Cut the cake into slices and serve.