Kara, Cliff and I have recently taken up bike riding. And so far I’ve only fallen off 1 time. Not bad! After a sweaty and grueling 25 mile bike ride (or 5-7 miles, but who’s counting?) uphill BOTH WAYS there is nothing better than a cold scoop of ice cream. Or is there?
Enter the ice cream float. It definitely beats an ordinary scoop of ice cream. Blah. Plus it’s a refreshing treat after a workout, even if it does cancel out the workout! I have been wanting to make what I call an “adult float” for a long time. You know…a float…but with alcohol. It’s pretty much all I talked about for almost a month straight! I brainstormed for awhile, consulted a few friends and finally went for it. Mission accomplished!
I decided on a Captain and Cherry Coke Float mainly because I was certain it would be a great combination. Ice cream, Cherry Coke and Captain…what’s not to like?! Maybe not the most creative float out there, but a delicious one and that’s what matters!
I basically made this up as I went along. 3 scoops of ice cream sounded good. And I figured a shot glass or 2 of Captain. I’m really glad I started with 1 shot glass because it was actually pretty strong. Good. But strong!
Because this float was such a tasty success I now want to try more! And as soon as possible. Probably after my next bike ride. Does anyone have any fun float suggestions?
How to Make Captain and Cherry Coke Float
- Start with 3 scoops or so of vanilla ice cream.
- And a shot of Captain.
- And then Cherry Coke. It’s as easy as that!
We topped ours off with a maraschino cherry…the perfect touch!
It’s as delicious as it looks, I could just dive in and drink the whole float!
Captain and Cherry Coke Float
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream (we used Edy’s)
- 1 shot glass full Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Cherry Coke
- maraschino cherry, for a topper
- Start by scooping 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream into a pint glass.
- Pour in one shot glass full of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum.
- Finish it off with Cherry Coke and a maraschino Cherry on top.
- Serve immediately with a spoon or straw.