As Kelly mentioned yesterday, my parent’s oven is currently unreliable. Thankfully, this zucchini sushi does not require an oven. In fact, it does not require any cooking at all. Chopping and assembling only. I am always looking for a new appetizer to try. Everyone loves raw vegetable trays with ranch dip. But, in all honesty that is a little BORING! Since sushi is so popular and trendy we decided to turn a vegetable tray into sushi. I realize this is not really sushi. But it does look like sushi, so we went with it!
This “sushi” turned out better than we expected. You can really make it your own by adding your favorite vegetables. Maybe mushrooms, green onions, yellow peppers, or celery. And instead of cream cheese, you could also try hummus. The options are endless! The one problem we found was that it got a little watery after sitting out waiting for us to photo it. That could have been from the cucumbers, I don’t know? Anyway, just eat it right away and you won’t have that problem! So, if you are tired of serving vegetable trays, give our zucchini sushi a try!
Here is what you’ll need
Cut the carrots, peppers, and cucumbers into match sticks about the width of your zucchini
Using a vegetable peeler, create thin ribbons of zucchini
Get everything ready to start assembling
Spread cream cheese on the ribbons of zucchini
Pile on the vegetables
Secure with a tooth pick
Not just another vegetable tray!
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Red pepper, cut into match sticks
- 1 Carrot, cut into match sticks
- 1 Cucumber, cut into match sticks
- Cream cheese (we used onion & chive)
- Using a vegetable peeler create long ribbons of zucchini.
- Spread cream cheese on the ribbons of zucchini.
- On one end of the zucchini pile on the carrots, cucumbers, and red peppers.
- Roll the zucchini up and secure with a toothpick.
- Serve Immediately.