I always get stuck writing the salad posts because Kara hates lettuce. But there’s only so much you can say about lettuce…you know? Lucky for me we only post salads that are to-die-for. Nothing bland or boring here!
The salads we’ve made so far have been yummy and each one different than the next: PW Salad, BLT Salad, Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Poppyseed Dressing and Cobb Salad. This Wedge Salad is no different. In my opinion salads can be rather boring so it makes me happy when we find fun, interesting salad recipes. In fact I wish we posted salad recipes more often. Maybe my jeans would actually fit if we did.
My whole family loved loved loved this salad dressing. If you like blue cheese dressing then you’ve got to try it. Yes there’s cheese, heavy cream and mayo in it. But we only put maybe a tablespoon onto each wedge. So overall I’d say it’s a healthy dish. 😉
Here’s what you’ll need
Use a food processor to make the dressing, then assemble your salad
This is the best homemade dressing I’ve ever had! Yum!
Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 oz good blue cheese, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp tarragon vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut in quarters
- grape tomatoes cut in half, or other good tomatoes
- 3 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- Place the cheese, mayonnaise, heavy cream, vinegar, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until smooth.
- Place the wedges of lettuce on a serving plate and top with tomatoes, bacon crumbles and a little purple cabbage for color. Pour enough dressing over the lettuce to moisten. Serve immediately.