This week we posted recipes that were really simple. Not a lot of ingredients and only a few steps. This Frozen Hot Chocolate was no exception. We had all the ingredients on hand and we were enjoying our drinks in only a couple of minutes. Life is good!
I heart this drink! Definitely a rich indulgence! If you like hot chocolate (or chocolate in general) then you will really love this recipe, I assure you. I knew it would be good…but it was even better than I imagined. It was icy cold, sweet and chocolatey! An A+!
The whipped cream, marshmallows and mini chips were a nice touch but the drink would taste delicious even without those extra touches. It’s one of those recipes you won’t make very often, but when you do it’s a really special treat.
Here’s How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate
Combine hot chocolate mix, sugar and butter over a double boiler.
Stir until smooth and paste-like.
Add in the milk and white chocolate chips.
When the chocolate starts to melt add a half cup of evaporated milk. Let it cool.
Add the chocolate mixture, evaporated milk and ice to a blender.
I wish I could drink this everyday!
Frozen Hot Chocolate
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hot chocolate mix (about 1 packet)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 oz evaporated milk, divided
- 4 1/2 cup ice
- whipped cream, to taste
- mini marshmallows, to taste
- mini chocolate chips, for garnish
- Combine sugar, hot chocolate mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler set over gently boiling water. Stir until melted and a smooth paste forms. Add semisweet and white chocolate chips; continue to stir. When chips begin to melt, slowly stir in ½ cup of the evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the chocolate mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender and cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into frosted glasses. Top with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate chips & mini marshmallows, if desired.