I haven’t completely gotten a hang of this whole blogging thing. For starters, I forgot to write my post on Tuesday. Sorry guys…it slipped my mind! On top of that, I’ve noticed that by time we post holiday/seasonal recipes it seems other bloggers have been at it for weeks. What gives? How is everybody else sooo on top of it? Although we’ve done some fall inspired recipes, this is the first pumpkin one! There are many others I want to try too, namely pumpkin doughnuts–swoon! But to prevent seasons from just blowing by us Kara and I decided we need to start Christmas recipes soon…as in next week.
Anyways, I love pumpkin. I got a pumpkin spice latte last week (skim!) and have eaten no fewer than 3 pumpkin desserts in the past 2 weeks. Pumpkin screams fall.
I didn’t realize how much I enjoy fall until this year. I love seeing the leaves change colors and the crisp fall days. I love love love boots and scarfs and sweaters and blazers. And I love fall flavors: cinnamon, apple, squash, chai, apple cider, PUMPKIN, etc.
These Pumpkin Muffins with Nutella Cheesecake were incredibly moist. The cinnamon and nutmeg added the perfect amount of spice to them too, those 3 flavors belong together. One thing I noticed was that the pumpkin flavor really shined through; the Nutella cheesecake did not overpower them at all. And what’s best of all is they’re muffins so they’re a totally legit breakfast item.
Here’s what you’ll need
lightly beat 4 eggs
Add in the sugar
And the pumpkin puree and oil
Now the dry (flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt)
Next…beat cream cheese, 1 egg and Nutella. The egg is in there somewhere. I think?
2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter first
Now 1 tablespoon of Nutella filling
Top it off with another 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter
Bake. Wow those look delish!
Allow them time to cool then eat up! Maybe have a hot apple cider too!
Pumpkin Muffins with Nutella Cheesecake
For the Muffins:
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
For the Nutella Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 12-count muffin pans with paper liners. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, lightly beat eggs. Add in sugar, pumpkin and oil and beat thoroughly. Add in remaining dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Clean out the bowl of your mixer then beat together cream cheese, Nutella and egg until smooth.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter into each liner, then 1 tablespoon of Nutella filling, then top with 2 more tablespoons of pumpkin batter. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Best when served completely cool.