Can you believe it is almost Halloween already? Before we know it, it will be Christmas! I look forward to fall all summer. I love the cool weather, the fall colors and the fall food. However, once Halloween hits it’s pretty much winter in the Chicago area. I do NOT want winter to come. I wish it could stay fall forever! And this year they are predicting a horrible, snowy winter. Wonderful!!
I have never been a big fan of Halloween. I mean, I love the candy and seeing all the decorations but I’m not that into dressing up. Thanksgiving is much more my style. Sitting on the couch eating turkey and mashed potatoes while watching football? Yes, please!
Walking around the neighborhood in 30 degree weather dressed as a pumpkin? Not so much. A couple of my friends have had babies in the past year so this will be our first Halloween with them. I’m looking forward to seeing them all dressed up! I hear there will be a ladybug and a duck. Too cute!
We will also be attending a couple of Halloween parties this year (costumes optional!). Kelly and I have been testing out recipes for the past few weeks. These candy corn mousse cups were one of my favorites. I actually hate the taste of candy corn, but I do like it as decoration! Any dessert that is shaped like candy corn or resembles candy corn is cute in my book!
These are incredibly easy to make too! I’m going to be honest with you though. These did not taste bad by any means, but they did not taste like cheesecake to me. Mostly, I tasted the cool whip. If you are looking for a simple, yet cute Halloween dessert, this is it!
How to Make Candy Corn Mousse Cups
- To the beaten cream cheese add the milk and the vanilla and then slowly add the powdered sugar
- Stir in the cool whip
- Separate the mousse into 3 bowls. To one bowl add orange food coloring, to one bowl add yellow food coloring and leave the last bowl plain
- Put each color mousse into a piping bag
- Pipe the mousse into the shot glasses, beginning with yellow
- Then orange and finally the white. Top with the candy corn garnish.
Candy Corn Mousse Cups
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 small container (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- orange and yellow food color
- candy corn
- Beat cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer until fully smooth.
- Slowly add powdered sugar, add milk and then vanilla.
- Continue mixing about 1 minute on medium speed.
- Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture; stir until fully combined.
- Scoop about 1/3 of the cheesecake mousse into a bowl; mix with orange food coloring.
- Color another third of the mixture yellow. Leave the remaining third white.
- Beginning with the yellow mousse, pipe or spoon the mixture into each glass.
- Repeat with the orange and white.
- Garnish with candy corn.