Lately we’ve been falling behind on our blog. Because all 3 of us work full time we only have weekends to work on new recipes. With Italy and the holidays, and now New Years Eve/Day our weekends have been busy! I’m sure there are lots of other bloggers who can relate. It’s important for us to chose recipes that are quick, easy and that WE KNOW will taste good. No time to waste on recipes that won’t be worth posting.
Enter this crostini. We knew that it would be good. What’s not to like about bread, brie, pears and honey?? It only took a couple of minutes of prep time in a day that was packed with probably 6 other recipes. We really appreciate the recipes that come together fast! We actually tried a few with brie cheese and a few with gorgonzola. Both were tasty, so keep that in mind if you want other options.
This New Years Eve I’m spending with my favorite people for a low-key night of drinks and games. I will probably wear sweatpants and slippers, and I’m really excited about it. It’s nights like this that fun and easy appetizers are a perfect choice. I think this Crostini would be great! Happy New Year Everybody!
Grilled Pear, Brie & Honey Crostini
- 1 French baguette, cut into ½ inch slices
- brie cheese, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 2 pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- honey, for drizzling
- fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet. Place one slice of cheese on each baguette slice. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the brie is melted.
- While the baguette slices are baking, brush the pear slices with honey and grill on each side until soft.
- Place a slice of pear on top of each piece of bread. We topped a few pieces of bread with gorgonzola instead of brie then added the grilled pair on top. Both ways were good! Drizzle with honey and garnish with fresh rosemary.