When I get together with my friends I always feel like it’s more exciting when we make a specialty drink rather than having ordinary beer or bottle of wine. We have a couple of favorite drink choices, but I’m always up for trying something new.
Bellinis appealed to me because…let’s face it…I like champagne. We added frozen fruit which I think is a great idea during the winter because you don’t need to worry about finding fresh, in season fruit. And, what a great drink to start the evening!!
I love this recipe because it’s fun for a girls night in. You can make a few different fruit purees, then let your friends make their own drinks. We went with strawberry and peach, but blueberry and raspberry would be great choices too! If you’re feeling wild you could mix the fruits together and that would taste good too, I know, I tried.
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 16 oz bag frozen peaches, thawed
- 1 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 16 oz bag frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1-2 bottles Prosecco
- fresh strawberries and raspberries for garnish
- orange peel twists, for garnish
- Start by making a sugar syrup. Stir the sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Puree the peaches and teaspoon of grated orange peel in a food processor with ½ cup of the sugar syrup until smooth. Transfer to a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Clean the bowl of your food processor then puree the strawberries with 1/3 cup of the sugar syrup until smooth. Transfer to another glass bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- For each serving, scoop 2 to 4 tablespoons of the desired fruit puree into a champagne flute. Slowly pour enough Prosecco into the flute to fill. Gently stir to blend. Garnish with the whole berries, orange peel twists, as desired.