I never make Puppy Chow simply because it’s the type of snack that I cannot resist. I’ll eat a handful every time I’m in the kitchen or walking by the kitchen or can find any excuse to visit the kitchen…that’s how addicting I find it. So naturally when Kara threw out the idea of Lemon-Lime Puppy Chow I agreed against my better judgement.
We had seen this Puppy Chow all over Pinterest and knew it would be great. I mean…what’s not to like? We did lemon-lime instead of just lemon and Kara thought it tasted like Sprite. I just thought it tasted delicious, and equally as addicting as traditional Puppy Chow. This is a fun and easy recipe to make for kids. There aren’t any kids in our family but sometimes we eat like kids. We scarfed down this bag faster than you can say Puppy Chow.
- 9 cup Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips, butter, zests and juices. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir, then continue to microwave and stir for 30-second intervals, until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Pour over the cereal and carefully stir until mixed completely.
- Place the cereal in a large Ziploc bag. Add confectioners’ sugar and seal bag tightly. Shake well to coat. Pour cereal onto wax or parchment paper to set. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.