I so wanted to make a fruit salsa with raspberries and peaches. The two sounded so good together. But apparently this is not the season for peaches and I could not find any. The guy at Marianos looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where the peaches were. My second choice was nectarines…but no dice. Bottom line? I want summer to be here.
Since I was set on snacking on fruit salsa I chose fruits that I could actually find. I used pear, raspberries and plum and hoped for the best! Surprisingly this salsa was delicious! Mixed with red onion, a squirt of lime, a dollop of honey and a sprinkling of cilantro and it was done. It took only minutes! This couldn’t be any easier.
- 1 pint raspberries, rinsed
- 1 pear, diced
- 1 plum, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed and finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- sprinkle of salt
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- tortilla chips (we used blue corn tortilla chips
- In a large bowl combine the fruits, jalapeno and red onion. Add the juice of 1 lime and the honey next. Stir gently taking care not to break the berries. Season lightly with salt. Add freshly chopped cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.