Kara used to make a Thai-esque dip back in the day that was to die for. LLP = dip lovers. Unfortunately she can’t find the sauce at stores anywhere and so we haven’t been able to make that dip since. We tried a couple of other sauces but either they were too sweet, not sweet enough, or the consistency just wasn’t right. We even tried our own concoction, but not quite right. Nothing measured up to the sauce that we could no longer get our hands on. I’m not going to divulge anything else about this dip because we’re now confident that we can recreate it. Thanks to this pizza recipe!
We eat pizza often so sometimes it’s nice to make one that’s different from a traditional, Italian-style pizza. And this ain’t no traditional pizza. Now…of course a traditional red sauce, mozzarella cheese pizza can not be beat in my book. But this one is good too, they’re totally different from one another.
As we started to make this pizza we realized that this sauce tasted a whole lot like the sauce in Kara’s famous dip. Hoisin sauce. Why hadn’t we thought of this earlier!?! We will post that dip recipe ASAP but in the meantime, enjoy some pizza. Thai style.
Pizza with Hoisin Sauce
- 1 chicken breast, grilled and shredded
- 1/2 lb pizza dough (store bought or try our favorite dough recipe)
- 4-5 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to one 13-inch round. Transfer dough to a pizza baking sheet or a pizza stone. Spread hoisin sauce on top of the dough, then top with carrots and shredded chicken. Sprinkle generously with shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake until the dough has crisped and browned slightly around the edges, about 10-12 minutes. Remove pizza from the oven and garnish with scallion and peanuts.