Depending on how it’s prepared, chicken can be either boring or great. Lucky for you this is a chicken recipe that is flavorful, moist and anything but boring.
The marinade we used for this chicken is actually a variation of one of our favorite salad dressings.We omitted the cilantro and jalapeno and voila…a new take on an old favorite.
This is a great recipe for summer. It’s a few simple steps…just make a quick marinade and let the marinade do the work for you. Using your grill allows you to do the cooking outside rather than letting the oven make your kitchen unbearably hot. Plus it’s much healthier than the other traditional grilled foods like burgers and hot dogs. But geez…those are good too. :-/
Garlic, Ginger and Sesame Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (up to 3 tablespoons) sesame oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- Pound chicken breasts until thin and are an even thickness. Transfer chicken to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl or mason jar, combine olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Whisk until combined. Pour half over the chicken, cover with plastic wrap and let marinade in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and heat the grill. Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side, cooking chicken all the way through. Remove from heat and let chicken rest for a couple minutes. Cut chicken and pour remaining sauce over chicken. Pairs well with vegetables.