I wish I had enough time to make breakfast weekday mornings, but alas I do not. The problem is…I struggle in the mornings because I stay up way too late at night watching reality TV. I love literally every reality TV show. Take last night for example, my roommate forced me into watching Bachelor Pad 2. And by forced I mean she suggested it once and I immediately said “sure, let’s do it!” And just like that I was forever hooked on another reality TV show. In my head I was able to justify it because we DVR’d the show (obvi!) and were able to skip through the commercials. So rather than wasting 2 hours of my life I wasted only an hour and a half. But gosh was it
Anyways, because of the addiction that is Reality TV, my weekday mornings never consist of more than a Chobani at my desk and maybe a Starbucks. I would give just about anything for a homemade Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin (no restaurant egg for me, yuck). I don’t think I can give up the late night TV shows though, so I have to settle for good breakfasts on the weekends only. And this may be one of my favorite options.
This takes under 15 minutes to make from start to finish and you get everything you’d ever want in a breakfast sandwich: carb, cheese, bacon and scrambled egg! The only thing that could make this scenario better is making a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Muffin and eating it while watching a Hills marathon. That is a Sunday
well fabulously spent in my book.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffin
- 2 English muffins
- 2 English muffins
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3 eggs. Season with salt and pepper then add the cheddar cheese. Finally, stir in heavy cream. Pour egg mixture into a frying pan and cook over low heat for 6 to 7 minutes, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to break up the egg.
- While the egg cooks, cook the bacon in a separate frying pan, until crisp. When the bacon is crisp, remove from pan and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Split the English muffins in half then toast them. When English muffins are toasted, spread about 1 ½ tablespoons of cream cheese onto 1 side of each of the English muffins.
- Layer scrambled eggs on top of the cream cheese spread English muffins. Break the bacon pieces in half place bacon halves on top of the scrambled egg. Top with the other half of the English muffin and serve.