Last week one of my girlfriends was in town visiting from Florida. We both share a passion for Milk & Honey so we splurged and ate there two days in a row. It was in one word…outstanding. The first day I had my standard Yogurt with Granola. And on the second day I tried something new and ordered the Edamame Salad. This salad is not even on the menu, it’s just one of the items they happened to have prepared in the case along with the baked goods, fruit salads, pesto pasta salad, etc. It was seriously amazing! The next day Kara and I decided to recreate it.
I wasn’t really sure what the dressing was made up of at Milk & Honey but I did know that it was light and simple so we came up with something, whipped it up and it was beyond perfect. This Edamame Salad is really healthy and it takes all of 5 minutes to make. No cooking required! And it looks so pretty with all the vibrant, summery colors. I just love everything about it!
- 1 22 oz bag, frozen, shelled edamame
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juce and zest
- In a large bowl, combine edamame, tomato, cucumber and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the vinagrette over the vegetables and toss gently to coat evenly.