You know the taco dip that you always see at the grocery store? It has never appealed to me. I don’t like beans or guac or lettuce. Taco dip has just never been my thing. But recently I have been seeing “Greek dip.” It is the same concept as taco dip but with Mediterranean flavors instead of Mexican. This is much more my thing. Instead of serving mine as a dip I decided to make Greek Bruschetta. This way you do not even have to bother to dip your bread. The bread comes already fully loaded with all kinds of goodness.
I have a weakness for really great French bread. I buy a loaf at least once a week and dream up new things to put on top. Sometimes I just spread it with cheese, or nutella and other times I get more creative. When I first told Cliff about my idea to make Greek bruschetta he was not really feeling it. Luckily for him he went along with it. Now, it is one of our favorite snacks/dinners. We always have a can of artichoke hearts in the cabinet and kalamata olives in the fridge. Feta cheese stays good in the refrigerator for ages and we have plenty of cherry tomatoes from our garden this summer. So this is the perfect little snack to make anytime during the week or on a lazy weekend afternoon. I was really surprised just how much I liked this bruschetta. To be honest, this was one of my favorite things I have EVER made. Like ever in my life! I might even choose this over some desserts! That is really saying a lot!
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the bread on an angle into pieces about ¼ inch thick.
- Brush both sides of the bread with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 4 minutes per side.
- As soon as you take the bread out of the oven rub a clove of garlic over the hot bread. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of hummus on the bread.
- Add some artichokes, tomatoes, and olives.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the top.